Thursday, January 3, 2013

Post Holiday

I have been away from my computer for the holidays and have not had much to say anyway.  I did want to comment today on how my thoughts about getting past the holiday food.

The holidays were an enjoyable time, as usual, and I lost weight and continued to run each and every day throughout them.  I lost a total of 5 lbs during the two week period of holidays and that was while eating a little bit of bad food here and there.  Although it was difficult to avoid consuming most of the delicious looking food spreads, it was not as difficult as I thought it would be.  I have been staying focused on the idea that I can have it, but I don't want it vs. the former I want it, but I can't have it.  It seems to be helping me when I start to think about eating some things that I really enjoy and have not had in a while. 

I am excited for the new year and am looking forward to the weather warming up so I can start running outside again.  It certainly starts to get boring running inside day in and day out, but I am just not built to run outside in the unforgiving Chicago winter.  As mentioned, I also kept up on my daily runs (some days running twice for a real thrill, ha).  I also started using my Nike+ app for treadmill running so I could compete with  the few other friends who are using it.  It has given me another reason to run longer and harder.  I almost immediately took my daily miles up to a minimum of 5 just to stay on top of the others.  I don’t want to be second, so this is a great motivator for me.  I have invited many others so as to have as much competition as possible.

One last thought for today.  I have now been to the Good Will drop box 4 times in the past 3 months to drop off most of my winter “fat guy” clothes!  Out with the old and in with the new as the old saying goes!  I have slowed down my new clothes buying to a crawl, but my wife and I are looking forward to hitting an outlet mall in early spring so that we can get new spring/summer clothes for the both of us.  Both due to weight loss, me from running and a conversion to a healthier lifestyle, and her for snapping back into her normal size after delivering our second son. Not to mention the fact that most everyone likes new clothes, right?

Next blog I will write about a new juicer I bought during the holidays and started juicing.  I watched a few documentary’s over break and I think I have changed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment