Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Turkey Trot

I lost another 6 lbs on my weekly Sunday weigh-in and was surprised to see another big loss.  I am now at 211.4 lbs from 245 in 6 weeks.  I was thinking that I would only lose around 2-3 lbs a week from here on out so it was a great surprise to lose double that. 

I have a turkey trot 5k (my second 5K since late Oct.) to run Thanksgiving morning with a couple of friends so I should not feel too bad about having a bit of food not on my daily menu.  Although I won't vary much from my regular mean plan (because I just don't want to), I will have have to have at least a taste of most things since others are taking the time to make them and bring them to our home.

I finished my first 5k in 30 minutes even, so I am hoping to do much better this time.  This run is on pavement as opposed to a forested area so I imagine that will automatically improve my time (I just wish I knew by how much so I could adjust for it).  I did run it at home the other day in 27:19, perhaps adjusting 2 minutes for better terrain, puts me at ~ 41 seconds better than my first run.

Anyone else running a turkey trot of sorts?

Thanks for stopping by

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment